Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Scott Niedermayer Announces Retirement: Full Write Up Coming Soon....

Not even 24 hours after I post my send off for one future Hall of Fame defensemen another announces he is finished as well. Scott Niedermayer proclaims he is retiring from the NHL, this announcement came Tuesday afternoon. Everything I wrote about Blake is true, he is one of the best, however, Nieds far exceeded even the career of Blake. Look for my athletic respects to Scott Niedermayer's career in the coming days but until then here is a clip soon after capturing his fourth and last Stanley Cup title from 2007. I gotta give it to Jim Rome, some of his criticisms are fair about his life in broadcasting, he will always be remembered for being attacked by Jim "Chris" Everett but he has generally been fair to hockey. No one can say Rome has not given the NHL its just due in terms of coverage over the last 20 years or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment