We are 3 games into the series and other than the first game blow-out by L.A. it doesn't seem like either team has played particularly well as a whole. Kobe Bryant is shooting less than 40%, Paul Pierce who is Boston's leading scorer shot %18 in game 2, after putting up 15 points in game 1 Ron Artest barely scored half of that combined (8) in game 2 and 3, and Ray Allen put on the best shooting performance in Finals history in game 2 then subsequently put on the worst shooting performance in Finals history.
Perhaps it's the fact that these are the two best defensive teams in the league, or maybe they just suck. Don't get me wrong, I'm still excited that I've gotten to see two Celtics-Lakers series in the last 3 years but honestly, I didn't really enjoy watching game 3 all that much. Ray Allen disappeared, Rondo was average, and I'm pretty sure 'Scal painted himself black put on a headband and stole the #34 jersey because that is not the Paul Pierce I've grown up watching. After a great game 1, Kobe hasn't been all that spectacular either, he's shooting 39.4% from the field, and get this he's the series leading scorer.
The officiating the last two games have been atrocious. In game 2 Kobe Bryant got 2 bogus calls (Ray Allen flop, phantom call on Rondo) which sent him to the bench limiting his minutes and seriously effecting the outcome of that game. In game 3 the officials couldn't even get an out of bounds call right. Did you see the jump-ball call when it was clearly out on Odom? Or the foul Rondo committed to force the ball out of bounds off Odom, but then they had to give the ball to Boston cause they missed the foul? Or the and 1 for Kobe by Rondo when he might have barely grazed his elbow? I like that they can review it but it's so annoying stopping every 5 minutes for an out of bounds call, just get it right the first time. This is too physical of a series for the officials to be calling it this tight, just let them play its one of the biggest rivalries in all of sports that dates back almost 50 years.
I hope game 4 in Boston is a better performance because it doesn't look like Celtics-Lakers, it looks like the Conneticut Sun vs. the L.A. Sparks (WNBA).

No comments:
Post a Comment