Monday, June 14, 2010

Celtics Duck Kobe's Knockout Punch..Twice.

Boston Celtics guard Rajon Rondo (R) scores in the final minute past Los Angeles Lakers forward Ron Artest during Game 5 of the 2010 NBA Finals basketball series in Boston, Massachusetts June 13, 2010. REUTERS/Adam Hunger (UNITED STATES - Tags: SPORT BASKETBALL)


We are 4 quarters away from the improbable. The 2010 Boston Celtics may just be the most resilient team in NBA history. Going into L.A. Boston has a 3-2 lead,  and teams that go on the road leading 3-2 are 15-1 in the Finals. Despite performances of 33 and 38 from Kobe Bryant the Celtics emerged victorious because they were able to shut down his supporting cast and respond to each of his baskets. For the first time this post-season Kobe just wasn't good enough by himself.

I'm know I am going to get a ton of shit if the L.A. loses after singing their praises all season and play-offs. I know all signs point to banner 18 raised at The Garden before next season's opener, but I'm standing by what I said one of my first posts on BDL and what I said in the Finals preview. Los Angeles in 7. Phil Jackson is going to maintain his perfect record when up 1-0 in a series. I don't think Boston can shoot 56% from the field two games in a row, and if it wasn't for Kobe's foul trouble I am convinced L.A. wins game 2 and is undefeated at home. If Bryant and Gasol play consistent or above their play-off averages, with a solid game from Bynum and/or Odom, Lakers take it.

No comments:

Post a Comment