Sunday, February 6, 2011

Super Bowl Picks



Line: Green Bay -3

Ramos: Everything in me is telling me to take Pittsburgh and the points. Right now it is dead even on covers.com which scares me. Green Bay is much better than their 10-6 record indicates. They were banded up all season long and have an explosive offense they was hidden all season due to the fact they play in the NFC North. The Steelers are banged up and have not looked overly impressive to this point in the playoffs. But do I really bet against Ben? Isn't he supposed to be the new Tom Brady? He has already won two Super Bowls and Steeler fans will try and make you believe that he is already better than Peyton Manning. So yes after thinking about it for five seconds I am betting against Big Ben Raplisberger. If for anything else I can not stand to here Steeler fans compare him to Brady. Not only that this game is indoors, which means a fast track for Aaron Rodgers. Green Bay's defense is every bit as good as Pittsburgh and Clay Matthews has extra motivation after getting snubbed for Defensive POY. So lets not get to caught up in the Shitsburgh Dynasty here as the people champ Aaron Rodgers will raise not only stump on the terrible towel but equal Brett Farve's Super Bowl rings all in a four hour span.
Pick: Green Bay 24-17


Marcus: Admittedly, I'm not great at this, so I'll be brief. Forget experience, that's bullshit. Big Ben's 2 rings are going to help him about as much as Tom Brady's 3 rings helped in 2008. Like Ramos, I think Green Bay is better than their 10-6 record shows. Rodgers can spread out Pittsburgh's D and tear a hole in the Steel Curtain. The loss of rookie Maurkice Pouncey at center could be a problem with B.J. Raji plugging the middle. I'm taking the Packers, time to put Favre in the rear-view.
Pick: Green Bay 27-17


Alex: In the preason I had Green Bay and Pitt in the Super Bowl, however I did switch it when Willie Colon went down and then picked Green Bay over Indy. Well I have stuck with the Packers this long, and that wont change in what could be the start of something truly special in Green Bay. People are getting very quick to christen a Pittsburgh dynasty. Im expecting a battle, a war. This has promise to be one of the best Super Bowls ever.
Pick: Green Bay 27-20


Mike: First, I am a Steeler fan but don't take this as a bias, I actually picked the Jets in the AFC title game. This Super Bowl matchup has more history (make the word history a link to my article about both franchises) within its competitors than any one before it and that has created tons of buzz. This game will come down to who is more careful with the football, Ben can't have another XL game he needs to play more like XLIII. Along with the obvious need to win the turnover battle, these two teams need to take advantage of the opportunities they will be given as well. Rodgers and Ben are two elite quarterbacks and elite QB's actually love being blitzed because it can often leave single coverage or someone open. It will be necessary for them to read the blitzes and rushes that will be coming at them all night and find their big play weapons when they can. I don't see the Steelers winning unless Mike Wallace has a touchdown. 
Pick: Pittsburgh Steelers 27 Green Bay Packers 24   

No comments:

Post a Comment