
"MA! SIT DOWN"
1.Cleveland Cavaliers (61-21)
Last Championship: n/a
Previous Playoff run: 2009 Lost in Conference Finals (4-2) to Orlando
Previous round: 4-1 Over Chicago
Best Playoff Performer: LeBron James 31.8ppg 9.8rpg 8.2apg
Biggest Concern: LBJ's "elbow injury"
4. Boston Celtics (50-32)
Last Championship: 2008
Previous Playoff Run: 2009 Lost second round (4-3) to Orland Magic
Previous Round: 4-1 over Miami
Best Playoff Performer: Paul Pierce 19.6ppg 5.6rpg
Biggest Concern: Age. LeBron James
Last Playoff Meeting: 2008 Second Round 4-3 Boston
Season Series: Tied 2-2
Most intriguing match-up: Paul Pierce vs. LeBron James
This series is pretty intriguing because it pits a young superstar and his prospective championship squad against an aging championship team lead by a group of seasoned veterans who have looked like a shell of their former selves most of the season. Still, I think Boston can win this. It's not bias I think they have the talent, defense and veteran leadership to take Cleveland. They probably won't though. Cleveland is just better than them in almost every aspect of the game.
Prediction 4-2 Cleveland

3. Phoenix Suns (54-28)
Last Championship: n/a
Previous Playoff Run: 2008 Lost 1st round 4-1 to San Antonio
Previous Round: 4-2 over Portland
Best Play-off Performer: Jason Richardson 23.5ppg 6.8rpg
Biggest Concern: Spurs dominance over the Suns in the play-offs
7. San Antonio Spurs (50-32)
Last Championship: 2007
Previous Playoff Run: 2009 Lost 1st round 4-1 to Dallas
Previous Round: 4-2 Over Dallas
Best Play-off Performers: Manu Ginobili 19ppg 5apg, Tim Duncan 18.2ppg 9.5rpg
Biggest Concern: Health
Last Playoff meeting: 2008 1st round 4-1 San Antonio
Season Series: 2-1 Phoenix
Most Intriguing match-up: Tim Duncan vs. Amare Stoudemire
After finishing off in-state rival Dallas in 6, Duncan and company travel to Phoenix play another rival. While some of the play-off games played between these two are historical, this rivalry is one-sided. Nash's Suns have never been able to eliminate Duncan's Spurs in a seven game series . In 2007 it got ugly (see above). I don't expect there to be as much bloodshed, but I do expect history to repeat iselft
Predication: 4-3 San Antonio
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteThe pictures used to set up these series are priceless. I did not think you would be that strong on the Spurs but I fully agree. I thought that was worst matchup Mavs could have got. It is very difficult to hold down teams like the Red Wings, Yankees, Lakers, and Spurs etc in the post season due to all their experience. The Suns are a good team but I actually think the Spurs just as they have done so many times before could make a dark horse Western Conference finals run and then when there who knows with Kobe's injury issue.
ReplyDelete