Thursday, April 22, 2010

Live Draft Blog: Picks Nine Through Sixteen

9. Buffalo Bills -- C.J. Spiller, RB, Clemson
I can't say I agree with this pick over Clausen, but the Bills need a playmaker on offense badly, and it's quite clear that Marshawn Lynch is going to be traded sometime this weekend. Not the best pick, but it's doable. Clausen goes into free-fall mode maybe?

10. Jacksonville Jaguars -- Tyson Alualu, DT, California
My wish has been granted. I get to bash the hell out of Jacksonville. I love Cal defensive prospects. Brandon Mebane was a great DT in college and is a superb penetration guy who can also play in a 3-4. But he had a 2nd round grade on him. Are you telling me they couldn't trade down and get him? Is this for real? Over Dan Williams and Jared Odrick? Hell over Derrick Morgan? SERIOUSLY?

11. San Francisco 49ers (from Chicago through Denver) -- Anthony Davis, OT, Rutgers
The highest Rutgers player ever taken...but did San Francisco have to trade up for him? Denver doesn't have any need at tackle...and neither does Miami with Long and Carey. Were they worried someone else was trading up for him? Because they would have for sure gotten him at 13. Unbelievable. I like Davis, but not this high because of his weight issues. He needs motivation, not coddling.

12. San Diego Chargers (from Miami) -- Ryan Mathews, RB, Fresno State
They traded up for him. Wow. No comment. They could have traded up to 18 and gotten him. This is ridiculous. This is them being afraid Houston was going to either take him at 20 or trade up. Unreal. Great pick...but sooooooo early.

13. Philadelphia Eagles (from San Francisco through Denver) -- Brandon Graham, DE, Michigan
Philadelphia looked like they were moving up for Earl Thomas. This is a MUCH better pick. I hate the Eagles, but I love Graham and I think the pick is absolutely terrific. One of the best so far in the draft. Still shocked Derrick Morgan is available. He shouldn't get passed Tennessee.

14. Seattle Seahawks (from Denver) -- Earl Thomas, S, Texas
I wouldn't have taken him over Derrick Morgan, but I think this is a really good pick. Seattle has shocked me so far. Thomas can play both corner and safety, and may be the best pure cover safety in this draft. Great pick.

15. New York Giants -- Jason Pierre-Paul, DE, South Florida
I'm not a big fan of Pierre-Paul's. Stock wise this is a smart pick, but I think Pierre-Paul is a huge project to undertake. Umenyiora may very well get traded. If the Giants are willing to let Pierre-Paul grow, they made the right call, but this is going to be a huge boom or bust pick.

16. Tennessee Titans -- Derrick Morgan, DE, Georgia Tech
Thank god Morgan's slide ends. He's going to make some GM's very angry because they passed on him. Tennessee's defense looks a lot better. Morgan can contribute right away. Love the pick.

No comments:

Post a Comment