So the Final Four is set. We have two mid-major programs nobody gives a shit about, VCU and Butler and two marquis basketball schools that were having pretty mediocre seasons, Kentucky and UConn (although Kemba Walker is fun to watch). Are you excited!? Neither am I. Minus the fact that the double-digit seeds wiped their asses with my bracket, I am guaranteed to watch another boring mid-major team with no professional all-star prospects compete for the National Championship. That's not what I or anyone else really wants to see in the tournament. I want see at least 3 major programs and maybe one Cinderella who beats a team I don't like then gets their ass kicked.
Fuck the underdog. If you root for the little guy you were probably one of those douche bags who wasn't good at anything growing up and is living vicariously though Matt Howard's goofy ass and the Butler Bulldogs. I don't want to see Butler-VCU, I wanted to see Duke-Ohio State, Kansas-Florida, UNC (cringe)- Syracuse, ect. I am a Duke fan, but I will admit Butler was kind of cool a year ago, and they would have been cooler if they won but all they did was ruin everyones bracket. But I always root for the powerhouse programs. If you like the underdog here are some other championship match ups you might enjoy.

NBA Finals- Memphis Grizzlies vs. Charlotte Bobcats
Two almost NBA all-stars, Rudy Gay and Stephen Jackson, square off in 7 games of first to 21, win by two.

Stanley Cup- Ottawa Senators vs. Columbus Blue Jackets
I don't know a lot about hockey, but I'm pretty sure like VCU and Butler these are teams with little to no historical significance that are from cities not many people care to visit and nobody gives a shit about them. Asti, correct me if I am mistaken.
Superbowl- Cleveland Browns vs. Carolina Panthers
Manning vs. Brees? Brady vs. Warner? Big Ben vs. Rodgers? Boring! I want to see Colt McCoy vs. Jimmy Clausen.

World Series- Kansas City Royals vs. Washington Nationals (Natinals)
One of the worst franchises of the last decade faces the team that is so insignificant their own seamstress doesn't give a shit enough about them to spell their name correctly.
GO RAMS! GO BULLDOGS!

No comments:
Post a Comment