If Lebron leaves the entire city of Cleveland will get together for a mass suicide. The Cleveland sports curse (no titles since Browns in 1964) will continue for generations. The city will basically end. This would be the biggest change of teams for an athlete since Gretzky was sent to Los Angeles from Eedmonton following the 1988 season. The main difference is the Oilers had already won 4 Stanley Cups with "The Great One" and even won the cup again in 90' just 2 years after he left, Gretzky would take the Kings to 93' Cup Final but never win another championship. As previously stated many times by Ramos and Marcus, Lebron with the Cavs, 1 finals appearance, 0 wins during that finals sweep by Spurs, and 0 championships. I see 0 after too if he says peace to the cursed city.
EMBED-We Are Lebron Video - Watch more free videos
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteThat video exemplifies how very pathetic Cleveland sports really are. I guess being from a city with so many legendary athletes I cannot understand the impact LBJ has on them. I'm like 55% sure he is not going to stay. He's too good not to win a championship, but is he good enough to break a curse?
ReplyDeleteI totally agree and those are the questions I'm sure he will need to seriously consider since this decision could decide his eventual legacy. Winning 1 title for a city that has not seen a parade in 46 years could be regarded the same way winning 4 for a franchise or city that is used to success is. However the cursed city curse is for real and if I were him I would bounce. Think of this if he goes to Chicago....Jordan and the Bulls had that shot over Elo to soon after begin their dynasty. Now about 20 years later the player regarded as the next Jordan could leave Cleveland and win titles for that same franchise that crushed their hearts back in 86.
ReplyDeleteThat is the absolute worst case scenario for Cleveland, and maybe even LBJ's legacy. If he goes to Chicago anything less than 5 MVPs, 6 rings and he would come up short.
ReplyDeleteYeah at least if he goes to the Kinicks and comes up short he could say well Ewing didn't bring a title to New York in basketball either. Shit he could say no one done it since Willis Reid for Knicks.
ReplyDelete