Sunday, May 16, 2010

Eastern Conference Finals Preview


I wrote this before game 1 and haven't changed it, I didn't get to post it beforehand but here it is anyway.

2. Orlando Magic (59-23)
Last Championship: n/a
Previous Play-Off Run: 2009 Lost Finals 4-1 to Los Angeles
Previous Round: 4-0 Over Atlanta
Best Play-Off Performer: Jameer Nelson 20.5ppg 5.3apg
Biggest Concern: Dwight Howard's performances against good defensive centers

4. Boston Celtics (50-32)
Last Championship: 2008
Previous Play-Off Run: Lost second round 4-3 to Orlando
Previous Round: 4-2 Over Cleveland
Best Play-Off Performer: Rajon Rondo 18ppg 6.3rpg 11.1apg
Biggest Concern: Orlando's outstanding perimeter shooting that allows them to stretch the Boston defense

Last Play-Off Meeting: 4-3 Orlando
Season Series: 3-1 Orlando
Most Intriguing Match-Up: Jameer Nelson vs. Rajon Rondo

This should be a great series. Orlando and Boston are playing their best basketball all season. Orlando dismantled the Hawks, and LeBron's lackadaisical performance overshadowed the tremendous series played by the resurgent Celtics. It cannot be denied, Orlando has played the best basketball in the play-offs thus far but I am not about to write off the Celtics. If they want to win however, Paul Pierce needs to show up. Orlando is too good to bet against, but I'm going to anyway. Call me old-fashioned, but as a basketball lover I would love nothing more than another Celtics-Lakers Finals.

Prediction: 4-3 Boston

No comments:

Post a Comment