Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Western Conference Finals Preview





1. Los Angeles Lakers (57-25)
Last Championship: 2009
Previous Round: 4-0 Over Utah
Best Play-Off Performer: Kobe Bryant (27ppg 5rpg 4apg)
Biggest Concern: Whatever injury Andew Bynum has now.


2. Phoenix Suns (54-28)Last Championship: n/a
Previous Play-Off Run: Lost first round 4-1 to San Antonio
Previous Round: 4-0 Over San Antonio
Best Play-Off Performer: Jason Richardson 22ppg 6.3rpg
Biggest Concern: Kobe Bryant is on fire.


Last Play-Off Meeting: 2007, 4-1 Phoenix
Season Series: 3-1 Los Angeles
Most Intriguing Match-Up: Pau Gasol vs. A'mare Stoudemire


Well as I said before, I am truly shocked that the Suns not only beat the Spurs, but did it with such ease. The Suns have been on fire since the second half of the season. The Lakers since that embarrassing series against the Thunder, have really cranked it up. Pau Gasol (23-14-3 blks) and Kobe Bryant (32-6-4) are the best tandem in basketball right now. I'm not sure how the Suns would win this one. There is nobody in the league right now that can match-up with L.A.' front court. I believe Pau is a better big man than A'mare considering through much of the post-season A'mare was out-rebounded by his 2-guard. Phoenix is going to exploit the PG match-up with Fisher and Nash but is that really going to be enough? They are the best 3-ball in the league, but you're not going to beat the Lakers relying on that. If Nash goes off, and Phoenix makes them play their game they have a chance. The problem is L.A. is so versatile that they could play Phoenix's game. Everyone thinks that this is going to be a 7 gamer but I don't think it will be much of a problem for L.A. Plus, you know Kobe Bryant is going want his revenge on Phoenix.


Prediction: 4-1 Los Angeles

No comments:

Post a Comment