Monday, December 13, 2010

Am I the only person still unimpressed with Miami?


This isn't about being a LeBron or Miami Heat hater (which I am). I'm not not convinced Miami is the real deal yet. You shouldn't be convinced either. I know, they have won 9 straight, and all of the "experts" who picked them to win are now trying to validate their credibility by playing their winning streak up. This happens in sports constantly, people neglect to read between the lines. Miami's winning streak is comprised of beating, Washington, Detroit, Cleveland, Atlanta, Milwaukee, Utah, Golden State, Sacromento, and New Orleans.

The teams italicized are the ones that have winning records, only 3, the rest are under .500. The most impressive win is Utah, but people are forgetting how badly Millsap embarrassed them during their first meeting. New Orleans beat them before and has been spiraling into mediocrity and Atlanta's decent but they are ultimately pretenders. They are 1-3 against teams that are currently holding a top 3 seed (lost to Dallas, Boston twice, split with Orlando). Now they are going to roll over Cleveland then play New York. I find this match-up to be intriguing not because it is reigniting an old rivalry but because the Knicks are also on a winning streak comprised of beating a lot of shitty teams. Speaking of which, I was just thinking of how entertaining New York would be if LeBron went there. Amare and LeBron would be such and explosive front court, and a player with his athletic prowess running D'Antoni's 10 second shot clock offense would be so fun to watch...but I digress.

Don't get me wrong, it's possible Miami has finally found their stride, but they really haven't proven anything yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment